DENR MISSION, VISION AND MAJOR FUNCTIONS
To mobilize our citizenry in protecting, conserving, and managing the environment and natural resources for the present and future generations.
"A nation enjoying and sustaining its natural resources and clean and healthy environment."
DENR is tasked to formulate and implement policies, guidelines, rules and regulations relating to environmental management and pollution prevention and control.
Formulate implement and supervise the government's policies, plans and programs pertaining to the management, conservation, development, use and replenishment of the country's natural resources and ecological diversity; and
Promulgate and implement rules and regulations governing the exploration, development, extraction, disposition, and use of the forests, lands, minerals, wildlife, and other natural resources.
BMB MISSION, VISION, GOALS AND MAJOR FUNCTIONS
Philippine Biodiversity that provides natural resiliency and sustained benefits for all.
To conserve and sustainably manage the country's biodiversity.
- Preventing species extinction;
- Strengthening the implementation of NIPAS and fostering other effective area-based conservation measures;
- Promoting biodiversity-friendly practices;
- Mainstreaming biodiversity across local, sectoral and national development plans and programs
- Formulate and recommend policies, guidelines, rules and regulations for the establishment and management of an Integrated Protected Areas System such as national parks, wildlife sanctuaries and refuge, marine parks and biospheric reserves;
- Formulate an up-to-date listing of endangered Philippine flora and fauna and recommend a program of conservation and propagation of the same;
- Formulate and recommend policies, guidelines and rules for the conservation of the three (3) components of biological diversity: genetic resources, ecosystems and endangered species of Philippine flora and fauna;
- Assist the Secretary in the monitoring and assessment of the management of the Integrated Protected Areas System and provide technical assistance to the Regional offices in the implementation of programs for these areas.