Join us as we celebrate our protected areas and participate in our Virtual Travels to Protected Areas video contest!
Protected Areas under the National Integrated Protected Areas System (NIPAS) are identified portions of land and/or water set aside by reason of their unique physical and biological significance, managed to enhance biological diversity and protected against destructive human exploitation. These areas are vital for biodiversity conservation and provision of ecosystem services. These are national and natural parks, protected landscapes and seascapes, wildlife sanctuaries and reserves, natural monuments, and others!
The Virtual Travels to Protected Areas video contest aims to spread awareness and increase appreciation of the unique features and values of the country’s protected areas. This contest enjoins all travelers of legal age and residing in the Philippines, to generate content featuring our protected areas.
Check out the full list of our NIPAS Protected Areas through this link: https://bit.ly/3kTidjj
How to Join
The contest will be open from October 1, 2021 to November 15, 2021, extended until February 14, 2022.
The Virtual Travels to Protected Areas Video Contest is open to all adults, Filipinos and foreigners residing in the Philippines regardless of gender, whether professional or a hobbyist.
Note: The contest is not open to DENR-BMB employees, as well as their relatives, up to the 2nd degree of consanguinity.
1. Show us around any NIPAS protected area! Submit any video where you take us virtually around protected areas of the Philippines.
- See full list of NIPAS protected areas here: https://bit.ly/3kTidjj
2.The video must be able to showcase what makes the certain Protected Area special. The following elements may be included:
a. Landscapes- settings of the protected areas
b. Culture- points of cultural interest in the protected area
c. Wildlife- fauna and flora in the protected area
d. Community- porters and guides, rangers and indigenous peoples interacted with
3. There is no maximum number of video entries, but the contestant may only win once. One video = one protected area = one entry.
4. Video entries submitted can either feature footage taken with professional, mobile, handheld cameras. Please ensure footage used is clear.
5. Video entries must be submitted in landscape orientation.
6. Video entries must NOT contain date stamps, watermarks or any text on the image and must not have been awarded in any other video contest/s and/or commercially published whether for news, advertising or otherwise.
7. No subtitles are required, but your supporting caption must tell a short story about the features of the protected area and how you discovered the area.
8. Videos should be submitted together with a registration form and a description (not exceeding 100 words) of the video. The registration form must be duly filled out with the exact location or place where the video was taken along with your name, age, address, birthday, and complete contact details. In addition, the description must contain 1) a caption which states how the protected area is special, encouraging others to visit and protect it and 2) a short behind-the-scene story of how the video was taken.
- Registration form: https://bit.ly/virtualtravelstoPAscontest
9. Video duration: Minimum of 1 minute but should not exceed 5 minutes
10. Songs and musical scoring should have no copyright infringement.
11. All videos submitted will be co-owned by DENR-BMB and may be used for its promotions of Protected Areas in its different channels and activities.
12. Contestants must agree and comply with the Official Rules.
- 3 winners to win an all-expense paid trip for 2 persons to any 1 one of the 6 featured Protected Areas (flights and other transpo, entrance fees, guide fees, food allowance)
- Redeemable within a period of one year
- Must be booked one month in advance with the DENR-BMB
- Subject to travel restrictions from COVID
- RT-PCR or any other requirements not included in expenses
- The 6 featured protected areas are: Bongsanglay Natural Park, Apo Reef Natural Park, Samar Island Natural Park, Balinsasayao Twin Lakes Natural Park,Mt. Hamiguitan Range Wildlife Sanctuary and Mt. Timpoong-Hibok-hibok Natural Monument.
- Other merchandise
- Relevance to the theme 35%
- 5% social media engagement
- Storyline 30%
- Creativity / Execution 30%
NOTIFICATION AND AWARDING
There will be two (2) rounds of judging – elimination and final rounds.
Only entries which will make it to the final round will be posted on the official Facebook page of the DENR-Biodiversity Management Bureau to determine the most popular/engaging entries through FB positive reactions.
The above-mentioned criteria will be applied during the elimination and final rounds except for the 5% Facebook likes/ positive reactions.
Contest winners will be announced via the official Facebook page of DENR-Biodiversity Management Bureau and will be contacted through the number and email address provided in the Registration Form.
By joining the video contest, the contestants give authority to the contest organizers to use submitted videos in its publications, presentations, video presentations, and other similar materials necessary for the implementation of its programs and projects. Due credits, however will be given to the author every time the said material is used.