Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center PDF Print E-mail
WEB_BUTTON6
WEB_BUTTON7
WEB_BUTTON8
WEB_BUTTON9
WEB_BUTTON10
WEB_BUTTON11
WEB_BUTTON12
gazebo                        
The Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center (NAPWC) traces its beginning as a portion of the 197.8 hectares Quezon Memorial Park (QMP) which was covered under Proclamation No. 42 dated July 5, 1954. With the issuance of Proclamations Nos. 481 and 616 respectively, the park’s area was reduce 64.58 hectares. The larger areas were allocated for Philippine Science High School and the National Government Center which was later on subdivided and developed as the areas occupied by the Central Bank of the Philippines, Lung Center, Kidney Center, and Lungsod ng Kabataan (Children’s Hospital). To date, the NAPWC covers only 22.7 hectares.


July 25, 1970, the park was inaugurated and opened to the public by the then President Ferdinand Marcos and the Vice President Fernando Lopez.

In July 1982, the park was temporary closed to the public for renovation in an effort to provide facilities/infrastructures. It was in this period when the craft village cottage, fishing village, amphitheater and comfort rooms were constructed. Also, the water system facilities were installed. Furthermore, the park’s lighting system was developed and installed by the armies. It was reopened to the public on February 21, 1983 named Lungsod ng Kabataan Recreational Park.

In 1986, it was renamed Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Nature Center (NAPWNC) in honor of the late Senator by virtue of Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) Administrative Order No. 4 series of 1986.

After the government reorganization in 1987, the park was place under the administration of the Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau (PAWB) a staff bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural resources (DENR) responsible for the protected area management and wildlife conservation.

In May 25, 2000, the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Nature Center was disestablished as protected area and shall be known as DENR-Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Center by virtue of Proclamation No. 312.

In August 21, 2002, Proclamation No. 312 was amended by changing the name of DENR-Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Center to Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center by virtue of Proclamation No. 238.

At present, the 22.7-hectare NAPWC is under the management and administration of the Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau-Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) by virtue of Proc. No. 723 dated 25 October 2004 by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. Said proclamation established the park as a protected area and a component of the National Integrated Protected Areas System (NIPAS).

 

 

 
DENR@Your Service
mobile  SMS: DENR_ send to 2920
mail  Reg. mail/hand carried: PACE DENR C.O
email  E-mail:web@denr.gov.ph web  DENR Website: http://www.denr.gov.ph
fax  Call or Fax: (632) 928-1178
To read PAWB's latest publications or view the maps of conserved areas,
download and install the supported applications.
get_adobe_reader google_earth2
BIODIVERSITY MANAGEMENT BUREAU
Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center, 1100 Diliman Quezon City, Philippines
Telephone: +(63 2) 9246031-35
Email: bmb@bmb.gov.ph